Friday, January 9, 2009

... yes... its true...

My eggo is prego....

Reid and I have been married for almost 4 months now and we recently found out that we will be having a new addition to the family this year. I am almost 6 weeks pregnant. My due date is September 4th 2009. We are really hoping for a baby boy - all the 1st babies of two families have been girls... so we are hoping to beat the odds and get a boy first. Nausea has began earl... it started at about 4 week. The doctor told me to take Vitamin B6 - it is AMAZING! I highly recommend it!

As you all remember... I got engaged 22 hours before my younger sister nicole... she got married a couple weeks before me... YUP, guess who is also pregnant.

Nicole is 4 weeks along... So I hope I can beat her at this one and have my baby be older. : )
(Just kidding, kinda!)

I have decided I am going to have the baby without any pain killers, so even if nicole does have her baby before mine... I still one uped her. Haha. It should be too bad right? My mom was able to do with with her 4th child... I pretty sure I can do it with my first.

Reid has become Mr. Serious since we found out that I am preganat... He says its cause of the finances. I told him to chill out, that we will be fine. (That seemed to help a bit)

I'm still trying to learn how to say NO to my husband about his crazy ideas... he is so darn persistant!! (But I'm tring my best Eric Morris, haha)

I am pretty darn excited to be a mom... if anyone has words of advice... please share.

4 comments:

Charmaine said...

My advice: get the epidural.
And if your nausea comes back, ask you doctor about Zofran.
It's the miracle drug.
And don't take any advice too seriously! :)
(PS - I'm an old family friend of the Johnson's, I'm not just stalking you randomly. It's deliberate stalking.)

Charmaine said...

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

McKendricks said...

Oh Megan that is so fun!!! And Nicole TOO!!! You'll have to keep us updated. We haven't been prego yet, so sorry I don't have any words of advice. But good luck!

The Johnsons! said...

Ha, ha! Congradulations and good luck! Once the doctor made Marissa's water brake (broke?), she looked at me and said, "Now it is hurting!" I will never forget the pain in her eyes! I even almost passed out! So if you do it, good for you. Marissa was like the gal in Baby Momma (the movie) and was all "woop woop" about the epidural.