Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New York

We got home from our very long and eventful trip to New York, NY. Reid's boss took us out there. We were able to see some really amazing classical architecture as well as some intense Gothic architecture and my all time favorite, modern architecture. I really enjoyed the chance to get away from my every day life of being a mom to spend some MUCH needed alone time with my husband. We saw some pretty awesome plays while we were there including, Spider-man and Momma Mia. Spider man on Broadway was AMAZING to say the least. We got to do some fun tours as well including the NBC studios tour. I had a good time getting to know the wife's of the men that my husband works with. We all went to church on Sunday since we are all LDS. The church building in new york was so crazy, there was a temple on one level and then the next level there was a church building! We ate some pretty amazing food while we were there... I'm already having withdraws! I am 33 weeks pregnant and we walked everywhere, I was SO surprised that I didn't go into labor. Reid and I weren't very good at taking picture while we were there because the 3 other couples always had their fancy cameras out, hopefully I can get some of the picture  from them!   : ) We are back home and safe, Colton was very happy to see us this morning as we didn't wake him up last night when we got into town. We have 2 new students with us now until mid May, they are from Indonesia. I'm about half way done with my semester of school and the baby will be here in about a month, can you believe it?!

Time to get back to our crazy lives. Hope everyone had a great week.



Reid and I after about 1 hour of sleep on the plane

On a boat to go see the statue of liberty & Ellis island
Brooklyn bridge! (Reid took this picture for my sister Brooklyn)
Ellis Island
Ellis Island
Out front of the building at Ellis Island. (It was SO bright out!)
Name this architect.... I mean... name the architect who created this famous building... Give up? Frank L. Wright!
This was on the floor as you walked into the building.
The building Frank L. Wright designed.
Museum
Inside the museum
Central Park
Central Park
On a subway train with the co-workers and wives.

No comments: