Tuesday, February 8, 2011

BREAD

We seem to go through sandwich bread REALLY fast around here now that we have a extra student living with us. I was looking through blogs and websites last night trying to look at different ideas of how to cook with a stick food budget. One of the blogs had a wonderful idea of making your own bread to get costs down on the food bill. So I decided that I would try it. I found a couple recipes for making bread from scratch without a bread machine. I'm going to try them out to see if we like any of them. One of the recipes is titles "$.11 cent loaf of Bread". The other thing I'm excited about is the fact that it will be healthier than getting the $.89 bread at the store that has hardly any nutritional value (IE. enriched flower...ect). Since I'm at home all the time, I figure its worth a try right?!

Reid had to work all night last night at the office instead of from home in the home office. He got home just before 9am this morning and slept till about 1:15pm. (He also went to work yesterday at 3am!) When he woke up this afternoon we went and took Colton to the park by our house. Colton seemed to enjoy himself there and didn't want to leave. We then put Colton to bed and had a late lunch, while lunch was cooking Reid put together one of the 4 toddler chairs from IKEA that we got a while back. I had put the table together but didn't have the time or patience to put the chairs together. I'm like that IKEA picture in the instructions with a question mark over my head. Haha. Anyways, Colton woke up to his new chair to go with the table he has been using...and he loves it. :)


2 comments:

Karissa said...

What in the world does Reid do that requires him to go to work at 3 am? That's crazy talk!

Edith.morris said...

Hopefully the bread turns out great. I use the Holsum bakery for our bread because I'm not a baker. With a coupon, I can usually get 7 loaves for $5. but it is the good quality Nature's Own instead of the store brand cheap I use to buy. Then I freeze it double grocery bagged. I'm assuming you can freeze homemade bread too, then you can spend one day really busy and bake enough bread for a month. People also like Alpine Bakery in Mesa for their artisan breads, but I have not been there.