Friday, February 11, 2011

The day when Colton and I got to use the car....

Reid and I share a car, and being that I'm a stay at home mom I'm ok with Reid taking the car to work everyday. We decided that Fridays Reid will ride my bike to work so that I could get things done, IE. grocery shopping.

Since today was Friday, Colton and I got the car! Yay. My bff came over in the morning as I had a check up appointment for baby #2. Colton and Settina watched some good ol' Bob the Builder after breakfast and it was finished by the time I got home. Settina then went home and I put Colton down for a morning nap since he was rubbing his face and couldn't hardly walk straight. On my way to the OB/GYN I realized that the car has become very messy and I decided while Colton was napping that I would pull things out and clean, I vacuumed the floors and seats ect, I then oiled up the door hinges as it was driving me nuts how loud and hard it was to open the doors all the way. After I was done it was about 12:15pm, I then called Grandma Bartlett (Colton's Great Grandma) and told her that we would be a little late for lunch as Colton was still napping. She said "no rush". Once Colton woke up we jumped in the clean car and headed to the gas station (Since Reid left the car empty for the "gas fairy" (As his sister Edith calls it) to fix.). Since I was getting gas and the inside of the car was so clean I decided to run the car through the car wash. Its such a nice feeling to have a clean car. We then headed to Great grandma & Great grandpa Bartlett's farm where we enjoyed a nice lunch of "throw everything into a pot and add some cheese". Grandma was amazed that Colton could drink out of a regular cup and eat successfully from a regular form and plate on his own. (Thank goodness I have been working on that with him!) Great grandma Bartlett, Colton and I then went out back to the farm and fed the chickens, rooster, and sheep. Colton LOVED being out there near the animals and tried to imitate the animal noises. He also almost fed a chicken right from his hand... then last second as the hen was really close... he threw it at her (what a boy right?!). We then went inside and got the napping Great grandpa and he helped us pick oranges to take home. Colton really enjoyed getting oranges. Colton also got to hear the hens when they made their noise that they had laid eggs and got to see where eggs come from.  (I'm sad I didn't have my phone with me or a camera... Colton was so cute!!!)

We just got home from our big day on the farm and Colton was acting very tired, orange in one hand and rubbing his eyes with the other. He is down for nap #2... and I couldn't be more happy about it as I'm very tired and I still need to make the grocery list and go grocery shopping... oops! :)

All in all I would say we had a very eventful day with the car. Till we meet again next Friday Mr Camry!

No comments: