Thursday, February 3, 2011

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Colton Johnson
Nesting: "Around the fifth month of pregnancy, the "nesting" instinct can set in. This is an uncontrollable urge to clean one's house brought on by a desire to prepare a nest for the new baby, to tie up loose ends of old projects and to organize your world."

Uncontrollable urge is right! You would not believe the things I have been doing. I have raked the entire front yard, trimmed a overgrown tree, re-arranged and deep cleaned one of my foreign exchange students room, laundry every second of every day, dishes two times per day, cleaned out my fridge, swept, moped, vacuumed any floor surface I have come across, cleaned toilets and showers. If I didn't have a husband, a 1 1/2 year old son and two foreign exchange students... I think I would run out of things to clean!

At least I'm able to sleep most of the night because I'm so worn out. :)


When we went and got the sonogram done at almost 26 weeks pregnant we also found out that our baby is measuring out at 2 1/2 lbs already! Can you believe it?! Either this baby is going to come early like Colton did or its going to be mighty large. I find it funny that from time to time when Colton wants to be held that the baby kicks and hits him already (probably because Colton is sitting on her!) She is going to come out with her boxing gloves on ready to take on Colton.


This week in weather, the Midwest got a intense blizzard. I have been getting text messages from people in Kansas saying things like, "I have lived in Utah most of my life, but I have never seen it this bad!", or "I grew up in Minnesota, this puts those winters to shame!". They first got sleet (freezing rain) which then turned to ice on the roads and plants ect. Then hours later they got dumped on by a couple feet of snow. I talked to my family on the phone last night and they said it stopped snowing but even though the sun is out it still wont melt anything because its only 5 degrees outside. It made me want to get a big cup of hot coco and sit by a fireplace just listening to stories about the storm. I miss it. I'm hopeful that there will be one last snow storm when I'm in Kansas in a couple weeks.

Well, my brain is going about a thousand miles a minute in different directions (due to pregnancy and my horrible cold) as I'm sure you can tell by my posts lately... I think I will go clean. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

speaking of hot cocoa...about an hour ago i tried to make a cup and the kitchen sink clogged...which made both sides of the sink fill up with nasty water and since i dont a have dish washer...one of those sides of the sink was full of clean drying dishes. not clean anymore! Now if you think that is bad...after finally getting the sink unclogged I came into the office and set my cup down on the printer and guess what....5 min later spilled hot cocoa all over the carpet, printer, and everything else around. HOT COCOA IS A BAD IDEA...although i did go make another cup when all was said an done : ) but drank it with a lid on!
come clean my house please? i have the opposite of nesting going on right now.

anyways the real purpose of this post is when are you going to kansas and what is your method of travel?