Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years

New Years:

For my new years I have decided to do a few things that I have been wanting to do for a while. My cousin Katie Hardmand is really good about blogging and recently said she is turning her blogs into a book. She inspired me to do the same thing, so for 2011 I will try my hardest to keep a pretty steady blog so that I can then turn it into a book and it can be a journal! www.blurb.com is the site where she is getting her blog book through if anyone else is interested.

My sister Brooklyn (and maybe Nicole) and I are going to do a year long bet for 2011. I'm really excited about this bet as I hope it makes us all a little more healthy. Starting January 1, 2011 we are soda pop free till January 1, 2012! This is hard for me cause I love carbonated beverages so much. The looser has to pay up $50 to the winners (if there are two winners, then $25 for each winner given by the looser). I went to Brooklyn with this idea before Christmas and she was pretty scared about doing it because $50 is a lot of money and she loves her Dr Pepper. Brooklyn called me New Years morning and said... "THE BET IS ON!".

For new years Reid and I dropped off Colton to Bill and Ravae Johnson's home so that he could go to sleep and we went out to Tempe, AZ block party and enjoyed magic shows, live concerts and dancing. Reid was happy that the band Jimmy Eat World was there and helped bring in the new year in style. We were able to do a few fun things over the holiday break this year as Reid had to take it easy from his heart attack scare that he had on my 23rd birthday. We went and swam at the indoor wave pool in Tempe, AZ. Enjoyed some parties with the family and got to see the new movie Tron last night (thanks to my visiting teachers giving us movie tickets for Christmas!) Its rated PG and is really more for the older crowed as its way to deep for kids younger than maybe 2nd grade level.


We went to Hunter Morris's baby blessing today and was grateful we were able to make it as it was a wonderful blessing to experience. We had to quickly leave as we had to get back to teach our 3rd hour classes.




No comments: