Thursday, January 20, 2011

Toddler at the park!

Colton at 17 months, enjoying his new love, pears!
Colton LOVES the swings!
Reid was afraid that Colton doesn't get enough interaction with kids his own age, here is Colton with his new park friends. Two twin boys age 2 years old, 1 boy age 18 months old, and a girl age 3 1/2. Colton loved sharing toys with the new kids!
This is a caption shot from a video I didn't know I was taking. :)
Colton is a bit of wimp when it comes to the slides and climbing things, this is me trying to tell him that its not as scary as he thinks and that it can actually be REALLY fun!  :)  He wasn't to convinced... so I put the camera around my neck, picked him up and we rode down the slide together. He enjoyed it with my help, Colton got up from the slide and said "more, please?!"
I kept patting on the higher stair saying, "Its okay Colton, climb up here, its fun" (I'm great with giving peer pressure huh?!)...so this is a picture of him patting the same stair and trying to figure out how to get up the 1st step.
Colton REALLY enjoyed the sand this time, we have taken him to this park before but all the other times he was really frustrated at getting sand everywhere.
He is my cautious boy, he gets on his hands and feet like the boy off of The Jungle Book and "climbs" down the small steps. Reid says he doesn't mind, its less bumps and bruises... I on the other hand am like... "Come on, be a man!".
This is Colton playing in the sand! Do you see the bottom of his sneakers? They have little clear windows in them so that you can see if their shoes fit or not. Smart idea, wish I would have thought of that!
I kind of laugh at this picture cause he looks like he is going to cry, but its just him trying to look up into the sun behind me to smile at the camera. No tears on the playground this time. :)  We had a great morning at the park, now its nap time! Hope everyone else in Arizona is enjoying the nice weather before it gets nasty again!

No comments: