Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sundays

Colton and I hate Sundays.... we have to wake up early (before 10am!) to be at church at 9am, (that is, if Reid doesn't turn off the alarm making us very late for church.)This makes us both very cranky stressed out people. We had to stay a extra hour and a half so that Reid could go to the young men's/scouts meeting that was suppose to only take a hour. (I know next time to just go home as Colton couldn't handle it as we weren't informed about the meeting and so Colton wasn't prepared with snacks or a drink, MAJOR MELT DOWN.) Anyways, we go home and eat lunch and then Reid tucks us both into our beds and we nap from about 1 or 2pm to about 5:30 or 6:30pm. We wake up, I make dinner, we eat and then Colton goes to bed for the night at 7:30pm. This has become our Sunday schedule. While we are napping, Reid works from home (story of his life).

If only church started at 2pm, but we are stuck with 9am church year around as we share the building with two singles wards. This wouldn't be so bad, but when we moved to Kansas from Missouri 10 years ago we moved into a ward that was also 9am church year around. Will the madness ever end?! Next time we move, I am scouting out the wards ahead of time and what time they meet so that we can enjoy church/Sundays as much as other people seem to enjoy it.

Ok....phew! I am stepping down off my high horse or soap box. :)

On a bit of a lighter note, I'm researching baby names... I only have about 3ish months till baby #2 is here and we haven't even started thinking about names. Since we don't know what the sex of the baby is yet I am looking at both boy and girl names. I put them on a list and then read them to Reid, he then butchers my list and I start over. Good times. :)

I also am pretty excited for the end of my pregnancy as I love when the "nesting" phase kicks in. I am starting to feel like the nesting phase is on its way full force as I cleaned out and sanitized our fridge as well as cleaned the kitchen today (after my nap and dinner of course). Yay for a clean-ish house!

Reid doesn't like the end of my pregnancies or after when my hormones are all crazy cause I get all Nazi like and put notes on things and freak out when people don't do things I like or if they eat me out of house and home... or drink my favorite juice. Oh and did I mention I really like to pick fights during this time too, weird, I know. Its a good thing that our students are only here till late march cause they will really start to hate me. (One is leaving late Feb)

If anyone is wondering where I'm at in the pregnancy stuff, here is a little idea:

  • I have to go get the glucose testing done in two weeks. 
  • The same week that I'm suppose to go get tested I also have a OB/GYN appointment. Friday Feb 11th.
  • I need to schedule my (20 week) ultrasound. I'm 5 weeks late in doing that... so I need to go do that ASAP. :)  Maybe someone should text me tomorrow to remind me that I need to go do that. (Since everyone else but me wants to know the sex of the baby...I'm just kind of over it.)
Colton Update: 
Colton went and got his hair done at Snip-Its on Saturday, since Reid was working from home and we were driving him crazy. :) He got quite the stylish hair cut for a 1 1/2 year old. Colton still LOVES nursery and all that it has to bring into his life. Reid is so cute about Colton being in nursery... "Now... we can't give him a lot of juice before he goes into nursery because he doesn't want to have a embarrassing moment in front of his lady friends with soaked through pants."
Colton after he got his hair cut and styled by a professional.


Well... lets hope Colton and I have a good week together. I don't have to teach sunbeams this coming Sunday so maybe we will be in a little higher spirits. :)

No comments: